Wipeout HD Gliding into Homes This YearI have just watched the trailer and seen some screenshots of WipeoutHD for the PS3 coming this year. It looks amazing and runs 60fps at 1080p! Superb stuff, and ever better - its available exclusively by download from the PlayStation Store so should be much cheaper than normal retail prices.
Here are some of the details so far:
- Full support of the SIXAXIS controller (for those with a steady hand)
- Up to 8 players racing in online multiplayer matches
- 9 Dolby 5.1 music tracks from people such as Kraftwerk, Booka Shade, Stanton Warriors etc. and the ability use your own music and playlists set up from the PlayStation XMB
- 5 gameplay modes, including Single Race, Tournament, Time Trial, Speed Lap and Zone Mode, and three difficulty levels.
- 8 courses/tracks based on original ones which have been fully recreated for the awesome HD resolution, including Vineta K, Chenghou Project, Sebenco Climb, Sol 2, Ubermall, Anulpha Pass, Moa Therma and Metropia.
- 8 teams, including Feisar, Assegai, AG-Systems, Qirex, Piranha, Triakis, Goteki45 and EG-X
- Take snapshot photographs while in game to save to your HDD (nice)
- Compare lap times and race records offline and online with players all over the globe
- Extra downloadable content being made available
To download the trailer and for more information, go to: